Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Four Weeks!!!!!

Harper Jane Herbert at Four Weeks!



Beautiful, Healthy, and Sweet
9 lbs. 6.4 oz

Wow-this last four weeks has gone by in a blink!  When Harper was first born, I felt like she would be this tiny, delicate newborn forever.  Truthfully, I was looking forward to her growing a bit!  And now-POOF!  Four weeks has just wrapped up in a snap.  And, luckily, life is getting easier and easier. 

Since I have been off bed rest, I've tried to get out and about a little more to get used to wrangling a baby in the real world.  Let me tell you-it is no easy feat to get out of the house with a baby in tow!  Being on-time anywhere is pretty much impossible for me at this point...but I am working on it!  It's really funny-I feel like I am just in a constant "I Love Lucy" episode these days.  From unexpected leaky boobs, to baby poop blow-outs, mid-diaper-change pees, car seat malfunctions, and projectile vomit...it's always something RIGHT as we're about to walk out the door!  Stressful in the moment...but really hilarious looking back at it later!

But, this last week gave us a lot of practice getting out of the house due to a very bittersweet event.  Last Thursday my Granddad passed away.  So sad for my dad and aunts and uncle because they now have lost both parents-a sadness we'll all face one day, and one I cannot even imagine.  However, he was 94 and really LIVED his life.  It was FULL of happy memories-and he was very ready to move on to the next abyss.  In celebrating and honoring his life this last week there were numerous family functions to attend, including a trip to Santa Fe to lay him to rest next to my Granny at the National Cemetery.  Harper attended all of the functions-the Rosary, Funeral, Burial, and lots of big family meals.  She did so great!!!  Even on the long day in Santa Fe.  I was so relieved we made it through all the events with a sleepy/pleasant/sweet baby.

In addition to these bittersweet happenings, we also did lots of other things these last couple of weeks:

We went on a walk with Auntie Rachel, Kyle, Auntie Tara, and Declan.
Sweet Babes
Harper met Auntie Charlotte and Auntie KK.
I smell Baby Fever!
Our little family went to a restaurant for the first time with great success!
Peek-A-Boo!
We have accomplished a lot these last few weeks and we've all three grown leaps and bounds since day one.  Life is good.  It just keeps getting better and better! 

5 comments:

  1. You guys are ROCKIN it! So proud of the mother you are Janey. And so in love with miss Harper. Can't wait to see y'all again soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - If my baby could be half as good as Harper is, my fever is in full swing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe Harper is already a month old! I love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhhh she is so so smiley! Gosh you and Josh sure do make a beautiful little girl! I am having withdrawals! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are precious! Harper is such a beautiful happy baby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete