Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Four Years Later...


And we're still going strong!

But really, I can't believe it has been four years since 08.08.08 when we were having the time of our lives at our wedding in Hilton Head--

dancing ((THRILLER)),
eating ((COCONUT SHRIMP...LOBSTER BISQUE...SEAFOOD GALORE)),
drinking ((LOTS OF THAT HAPPENED)),
laughing ((LOTS OF THAT HAPPENED, TOO)),
swimming ((THINKING OF JOSH THE NIGHT BEFORE OUR WEDDING...I'VE HEARD THE STORIES ENDLESSLY)),
getting stung by jellyfish ((DAD, LISA, ALLY, WHO ELSE?!)),
full of joy ((SO FULL)),
and sharing it all with our closest friends and most awesome families  ((THE BEST PART)). 
Wow! 

On the other hand, so much has changed since then.  Houses, doggies, careers, graduations, BABIES!  We've made lots of strides.  Our life was actually VERY different back in '08- and I am so thankful that through all of the changes, we have been able to change together.  SO thankful that we made HER:


Unexpected side effect of having a baby--the love I felt for Josh.  Obviously, the moment you lock eyes with your child, you are overcome with feelings of LOVE that resonate to your CORE.  You hear about this from every mother in the history of mothers.  And when you actually feel it--indescribable, really.  I knew this would happen.  However, I was surprised by the overwhelming feelings of love that I had towards JOSH immediately after Harper's birth.  They were almost like feelings of grief the love was so deep.  I honestly cried for days over these profound, raw emotions.  Having a baby IS trying on a relationship-there is no doubt about that.  ((For real friends-it is no walk in the park.))  But it also binds you together with your husband in a NEW way.  And the connection is SO real, so physical, more concrete than saying your wedding vows even.  The love I have for Josh now is on a completely different level-it feels like our souls were on a parallel path before, but now they are literally, physically intertwined together through our daughter.  We really are ONE now.  It is a tangible change that happened with the birth of Harper, and I could actually physically FEEL the merging of our souls happening.  It's amazing.

Happy Anniversary, Josh.  I can honestly say that I love you more than ever before.    

7 comments:

  1. It was such an honor to be a part of your wedding four years ago! We had such a fabulous time, and I had a big smile on my face as I was reading your post and remembering all of the good times! Love you both and Happy Anniversary!

    As to the second part of your post, Jane I could not agree more! (not about Josh, but about Tom :))

    Lots of Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me cry with happiness for your happiness. Meg was right - look each other in the eyes every day. It will just get better and better.
    Love you to pieces (from the very core of MY being :o)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post! Jane seriously such beautiful words about your hubby that I just wanted to hug you both and say "ILOVEYOU!" I agree with Rachel, such an honor to be a part of your wedding and your lives. What a beautiful way to celebrate your love but with your very own love creation. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HERBERTS!!!
    We Love you!
    The Maple's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a beautiful wedding it was four years ago! I loved being there and helping to capture some of your wedding moments. :) I'm so happy for you and Josh. May you have many many more anniversaries to celebrate and your love continue to deepen. Miss you!
    Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. Love you both. Your marriage is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! I love you three so much! You're such a beautiful happy little family!!

    P.S.
    I got stung by a jellyfish that night too!

    -Arial

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally catching up on your blog! What a beautiful day it was indeed and I felt so honored to have been a part of it! What an amazing journey for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete