Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Three Months Come and Gone

Happy Three Month Birthday, Harper!

What a magical day it was, three months ago.  Josh and I still talk about the day of your birth all the time.  But, three months has come and gone...can you believe it?  Summer is coming to a close (thank goodness) and my favorite season is just around the corner.  I don't know if there's anything better than autumn in Albuquerque.  The best weather-crisp and clear, the best smells-green chile roasting, just THE BEST all around.  At the end of every other season-spring, summer, and winter-I'm always ready to see it go.  Not the case for fall.  I'm always happy for its arrival and never ready to say goodbye!  The balloon fiesta, the fair, the pumpkin patch!!!  I really am so excited to share this great time of year with our little girl for the first time.  She's in for a treat. 

So, what's Harper up to at the three month mark? 

First Quarter Report:

Weight: As far as our crappy scale can tell-somewhere between 12-12.5 pounds

Height: Haven't measured lately, but she is definitely LONG.  She was wearing a 6 month onesie yesterday...granted, it was a very small six month onesie, but it was the perfect length for her long body!

Cuteness:  Off the charts, obviously! ;-)  And *they* say she favors her father.  She does.  But sometimes I get a glimpse of baby Jane in her, as well!!

Eating: She is still exclusively breastfed.  It's gotten MUCH easier and it's really great.  I am so ready for her to stop spitting up though.  Hopefully soon.  That is what is wearing me out feeding-wise right now.

Sleeping: Not the best right now.  Lots of wakings during the night recently.  Seems like the days of sleeping through the night are something of the past at the moment.  Again, hopefully those days will return again soon :-)  Probably just a tough growth spurt.

Skills: Harper loves to make sounds and 'coo.'  We have lots of interesting conversations, the two of us.  I am trying to be diligent about signing-but the only one I am SUPER consistent with is "mommy."  But, I also try to throw in "hungry", "diaper", and "all done" as frequently as I remember.  I also try to remind Josh to do his sign for "daddy" as much as possible, too.  Ever since my days studying linguistics, I have always been SO fascinated with child language.  For me, this is the most amazing part of Harper's development.  Language development in children is AWESOME!  

Physically, I feel that Harper is just dying to crawl/walk/run around.  Maybe every baby is like this-I just don't know since I don't have much to compare her to.  But, I feel that SHE is REALLY eager to get moving.  She is happiest when we are helping her stand.  Even sitting seems to make her crazy sometimes-but once I help her stand up then she squeals with happiness.  Her upper body is getting much stronger now, too.  On her tummy, she can push up onto her forearms for brief stints.  I'm proud of her!  She also lifts her legs up and places her hands on her knees, which, for some reason, Josh and I find it SO adorable.  And, her biggest entertainment right now is bringing things to her mouth-plain hands or toys in hand.  

Nom, nom, nom!
What a sweetheart.  We love you, Harper.

2 comments:

  1. I swear she gets cuter every day!
    Gramma B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart indeed!! I love you Harper! Happy three months :)!

    ReplyDelete