Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Santa Baby

Hi Friends!!!  We have been super busy this last few weeks.  Josh finishing his finals (he's DONE!!!!), family visiting, and decking our halls with Christmas cheer!

Our Beautiful Tree!!  And yes, that is Elf on in the background!
I completely slacked on my 30 Days of Thanks at the end...BUT, it was always in the back of my mind, and such a great exercise to do, regardless if what I was thinking about made it on the blog or not.  My heart is SO full of thanks.  I feel like we are in this wonderful little season of our lives right now.  Just the three of us.  Harper in all her marvelous, 18 month old, adorable, glory!  Just wanted to quickly share Harper's picture of visiting Santa.  I wasn't sure if I was going to take her to see Santa this year or not.  I think I'm alone on this one, but I just hate to see little kids scared and crying on Santa's lap!  I know most parents find it pretty amusing, but I just feel bad for them.  But, we've been hyping up Santa for quite some time, and so when we were at the mall today, and there was NO line to see him...my mom and I just couldn't resist trying at least.  She was a little hesitant, but not scared.  We even got a teensy smirk out of her for the picture:


How sweet!  Harper has been able to enjoy more of the Christmas spirit this year than I even expected.  I've busted out several of my favorite childhood Christmas movies and she has loved many of them!

In her 'chariot' (lol) watching Elf!
I have watched these movies every Christmas season ever since I was in grade school, so I'm happy to see that Harper is in on this tradition with me already!  She also loves pointing out the Christmas decorations everywhere we go.  As we stroll through Hobby Lobby, every aisle she's saying "another Santa!" and then "another Santa!"  Just hilarious.  The other morning she pointed at our Christmas tree and said "Chismas has pitty on it" (translation: Christmas has pretty on it!)!   Awww, I die.  Life with a toddler is too fun.  Happy Holidays, everyone!  

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect age! So adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I've missed you :) So stinkin' cute! And your tree looks fab! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harper is too cute!! - Arielle

    ReplyDelete