Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Growing Pains

Little gal is almost 4 months old and is definitely going through some big changes.  While at first I thought these developments were so exciting and cool...now I'm kind of saying...God help us all!!!  Starting the teething process, learning new skills, and doing the typical 4 month growth spurt is a lot for a sweet baby to handle.  A lot for mom and dad, too :-) 
 Since having Harper, I have done my fair share of reading about baby development.  One of the things I keep coming across is that when baby learns a new skill, they want to continuously practice it...unfortunately, this practice includes the wee hours of the night.  Obviously, we've experienced this 'phenomenon' firsthand now! 
Since learning to roll over, Harper is obsessed with this new feeling.  Great!  BUT, she only rolls one way right now.  Uh oh!  She rolls from her back to her tummy and gets stuck.  During the day, it's no problem.  I let her fuss around and try to figure out how to roll BACK over.  She's done it a couple of times, but it hasn't really stuck with her yet.  So, to our dismay, she rolls over during the night, gets stuck, and cries.  Right now, this is happening about every 2 hours.  And she thinks this rolling over thing is soooo fun, so usually it's quite the chore to get her back to sleep!  It's so cute when she's laughing and squealing about how awesome she is because she just rolled over-again!-just not so much at 11pm, 1am, 3am, and 5am.  Ugh.....reallllly can't wait for her to figure out how to roll from tummy to back.  I think I can say Josh and I are BOTH desperate for a solid night's sleep.  For a time, Harper was sleeping until about 5-5:30am every day.  That's early.  But holy moly, do I miss THOSE days!  Come back to me 5am waking time!  I miss you!  If only baby girl missed you as much as I do...at least my little roly poly is a cute little stinker!!



6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that she got cuter!!! I didnt think it was possible but these are definetely some of the cutest pictures I've seen of her yet! I hope she lets you get some good sleep soon!

    Auntie Arial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arial is rigjt! Can't believe she is even CUTER! The leopard pant pics are so fun! REALLY looking forward my Oct visit!!!!!
    Gramma B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gramma B is right! She really is EVEN cuter every time I get to see her!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU little Harper! We need Kyle to teach our lil babes how to sleep! Hugs and support to you dear parents of Harper! And if you need a break in the next few weeks before Gramma gets here, SERIOUSLY let us know! Happy to come to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!!! You guys are wonderful parents!! Harper's sleep patterns will come. We are here for you always! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is getting so big! Plus, she's already got so much style ;) Hope she's letting you sleep a little bit more! Love you & miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like a party animal! What fun :) So excited for her growth and wow is she CUTE! Love from the ATX.

    ReplyDelete