Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day Beach Getaway Recap

We are back from our vacation to Galveston!  It was just wonderful, and Harper was an absolute gem of a traveler.  The flights out and back were no problem.  We had zero screaming baby episodes, thank goodness!  I was pretty wound up about the whole thing before we left-trying to get the timing for nursing exactly perfect for take-off, landing, and whatnot.  But, really, it turned out to be no big deal.  She feel asleep on the way up, woke up pretty quickly after we were in the air and just kinda bounced around on our laps the rest of the flight, and then I nursed her on the way down!  Awesome.
Conked-out for Take-off!
 Harper loved spending time with her Auntie Alyce-of course!  She is the baby whisperer, after all :-)  BONUS: Auntie Alyce brought Harper a handful of ADORABLE bows that I am in love with.  Thanks!!! 
 And little one also got lots of quality time with her grandparents.

Mom and dad even watched the baby once so the big kids could go spend a day at the beach, and again so Josh and I could go on a little date.
 Everyone doted on her the whole weekend, and she was a perfect traveler. 
 Here we are at the beach.  Harper's first visit to the ocean-her first of many, I'm sure!


 Traveling WITH a baby is definitely a change from traveling without one!  But, all in all it was a great vacation.  I loved seeing Alyce.  We realized this weekend that we have known each other longer than we have NOT known each other.  Crazy.  It was also great to spend time with my mom, dad, and give Josh a break from his busy busy work life.  Can't wait for our next vacation at Thanksgiving!  From hot, muggy, beachy Galveston--to cold, winter wonderland Minnesota!  Will be another adventure for sure :-)     

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had a lovely trip! That picture of you all with the shadows in the sand is amazing!! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED every minute of your visit! Looking forward to holding both you and Harper again in October :o)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Just caught up on your whole month of August. What a huge month in the life of Harper! You're doing such a fantastic job Herberts. I hope to see y'all soon. Love, love, love, Auntie Char!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harper is getting so big! What a great getaway for the little family! I was sad I missed you girls this weekend but we will have to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of her with your mom! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved meeting Harper and I love catching up on your blog!! It was such a wonderful trip. You guys are my heart and my family. Many hugs and kisses to all of my Herberts!

    ReplyDelete