Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yea, it was two days ago--I feel like I haven't had a moment to write and complete an entire post in weeks!  I have several posts started and unfinished...this post included was sitting in my 'draft' section.  So, yes, it was two days ago--but I'm finally able to finish it and post it today!  Phew!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  And especially to my most sweeeet forever Valentine, Josh!  We've got an unbreakable bond, a solid marriage, and a very happy companionship.  I love love love you.  We don't do grand, romantic gestures often-but Valentine's Day is a great excuse for some theatrical expressions of love!


I made these cookies today...((thanks again, Pinterest!))  I've never made sugar cookies before on my own.  Wow, it was a lot of work!  Especially with a baby around.  It was another "I Love Lucy" moment for me in the kitchen today.  OMG.  It's a long story--for another post--but I pulled it off in the end!  I'm just now getting 'good' at cooking--baking is a completely different story!  But they came out so cute (sort of).  One of those instances when 'it's the thought that counts' trumps my 'first grade penmanship' frosting job.  My favorite was "I love you more than...Harry loves Ginny."  And Josh attests that they are the best cookies he's ever tasted.  Alright then-success!  We also had a delectable lunch date with the three of us at our favorite New Mexican spot, Duran's, and exchanged some gifts.  All is good on V-Day 2013.


But, when it all comes down to it, our love for each other and our family is in the small things.  Those small, thoughtful acts are what really make up the framework for our loving life.

*making each other a meal
*bringing each other coffee in the morning
*a back rub
*a phone call or text message
*a love note on the bathroom mirror
*remembering to buy you a delicious brew at the grocery store
*giving some 'me' time (that's usually yoga or a shower for me, and running for Josh)

I love you for those little things everyday, Valentine.  Xoxoxoxoxo!  Of course, the lovely turquoise earrings Josh gave me for the holiday don't hurt either!  Love you :-D

Okay, enough mushy stuff!  Check out Mz. Harper.  She is well on her way to being a little Frankenbaby Zombie Walker!




3 comments: