Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March Madness!

I'm baaaack!  Hi blog world :-)  It's been a while...and boy do I have some stories for you...so many updates!

We'll start with the biggest doozie:

This last 10 days or so has been quite the adventure. Just filled with ups and downs.  Two weeks ago, Harper and I left on a visit to Galveston while Josh ventured off to Honduras for a once in a lifetime scuba dive trip.  I was so excited to get away for a little bit!!  Harper was a terrific traveler and we started our vacation off having a blast.




Harper absolutely loved Gramma and Granddad's house.  So many new toys.  So many new places and spaces to explore.



She loved walking on the seawall, and going to the neighborhood park everyday with Gramma!  Sliding down the baby slide and swinging in the baby swing is TOO MUCH FUN!



However, about four days into our trip, MY fun stopped!  I broke out with a horrific case of hives.  For those of you that remember the alleged 'alpaca' incident....this was like that...but significantly worse.  My mom and I ended up in the Galveston emergency room at 1:30am Monday morning with my entire body COVERED in welts, eyes nearly swollen shut, hands, feet, and face swollen too.  Ugh.  Not cool.  Even more not cool?  These hives did not stop after the steroid/antihistamine cocktail they fed me via IV on Monday.  Oh no.  I continued getting waves of welty hives and swelling body parts day after day.  By Thursday we were desperate for anything to make these outbreaks stop.  They were just progressively getting worse and worse--pretty scary.  We fanangled our way into an appointment at my mom's primary care doctor and she ordered me a handy dandy EPI pin, and advised that I get the hell outta Galveston to hopefully stop my body from going into full fledged anaphlactic shock.

So, several hundreds of dollars of medical bills and last minute plane tickets later...my mom (seriously, thank GOD for my mom) flew with Harper and my hyperallergic-self back to Albuquerque.  Needless to say, this vacation was nothing like either of us had envisioned for a lazy beachy Galveston getaway!  Unfortunately, my outbreaks did not totally stop when we arrived back in Albuquerque.  They have definitely tapered off, and seem to finally be allllll the way cleared up as of today.  I went to my doctor on Monday and he took tons of blood work.  Now just to wait for some answers.  After this ordeal, I really hope they can find some.  That way I can avoid whatever (((it))) is like the PLAGUE!  Enough about all that.  The end!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jane that is an ordeal! I'm sorry your vacation wasn't what you hoped it would be
    :( Hopefully they can figure out what you're allergic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!! So scary! Thankfully your mom was there. Glad you got a few days of a fun vacation. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Jane that must've been pretty scary, I'm sorry to hear about that! I'm glad to hear your ok

    ReplyDelete