Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Very Good Day!

Despite the fact that all of us have been going through another little phase of not the best sleep (average long stretch is only 4 hours right now-ouch), today was a great day!  I woke up completely exhausted.  This new sleep routine Harper is currently doing was really starting to wear on both Josh and myself.  I felt that I was just too tired to just sit at home and play in the living room all day (like we normally do).  So, I made myself busy!  When Harper woke up we went on an errand run, then played at home a little, then met Josh for lunch.  I was still feeling so tired and just didn't want to go back home for the next 6 hours, so I decided to make a spontaneous trip to the zoo!  Just me and Harper girl!  It was awesome!!! One of my favorite trips to the zoo ever.  Honestly, there were probably only about 10 other people in the entire facility.  It was practically deserted!  So nice and quiet.  And, the animals were more active than I have ever seen.  The gorillas were running around the enclosure, thumping their chests, and wrestling with each other.  The Orangutan was playfully swinging and climbing in her fort.  The seals were all actively swimming by the viewing windows.

Harper, checkin' out her seal friends!  Can you see him in the corner of the window?
The lions were ACTUALLY awake and roaring!!!  I don't think I've ever seen them outside of their catnap :-)  And the polar bears were taking a dip and having a nice massage on the tree in their cage.  So cool.  The best part though was that Harper is now able to actually see and enjoy the animals.  Not so much when they're just sitting there, sedentarily munching grass...but she loves to see them move around (i.e. the apes!).  It was so fun today.  And the weather was just perfect.  It started as a sleepy, grumpy, stinker of a day, and turned out to be amazing!  Such a pleasant surprise.

Now finishing it off with an interesting 'breakfast for dinner'- beer, a waffle, and some bacon.  What a combo! ;-D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day! Wish we could have joined you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmm. Beer. And waffles. And bacon. Sounds like your dad's kinda dinner! :oD
    Gramma B

    ReplyDelete