Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thankful: Day #30

Wow-I can't believe November is already over.  Thirty Days of Thanks went by so quickly.  I have enjoyed this exercise so much, I am absolutely going to continue it!  If not on the blog, definitely in LIFE.  Counting your blessings daily keeps everything in perspective.  Even on a 'bad' day, there is SO MUCH to be thankful for.

Everyday, I am thankful for:

A loving husband.  He knows me and loves me inside-out, bones-to skin, fingertips-to toes.  We are in perfect balance together.  Anytime I am in the dark, he always knows how to show me the light.  He is a true 'diamond in the rough' and makes my life infinitely more FUN.

The ah-mazing creation that is our daughter.  Creating life is the coolest thing.  It really is something that makes me speechless.  It's just impossible to find the words!  I will never forget when she was born, the first time I looked in her eyes...I saw myself.  Myself as an newborn.  As Anita Diamant said, I "beheld myself as an infant in my mother's arms."  I looked into her eyes, and I understood motherhood.

My wonderful parents.  Wow wow wow.  I am so thankful for my family.  They are the American Dream.  They work hard for what they have.  They are humble.  And they worked hard so they could provide the very best for me.  Something I am now determined to do for our family.  They are completely unselfish.  Both of my parents are simple, non-extravagant people, and I am proud of that.  They have instilled so many important values in me: the value of hard work, finishing something you started, doing things yourself, doing things well the first time, education, family, caring about other people...just a few.  Things that I will always carry with me.  Things that have shaped me as a person.

My friends, to me, that are family.  As a girl without siblings, my friends ARE my family.  I cherish them as if they were my own brothers and sisters.  My friends that have been with me throughout my adolescence.  Co-workers that grew to be friends at EAD.  My friends that I met through Pi Beta Phi.  Nearly all of my bestest friends came from here.  They are girls that watched all of my dating adventures, girls that healed my heartaches, girls that I shared an itty-bitty closet-sized room with, girls that I have laughed my hardest with, girls that have shown me the wilder side of life, girls that stood by my side at my wedding, girls that I go to the movies with, girls that I meet for breakfast/lunch/dinner dates, girls that have seen me grow from a girl to a mom.

Awww....Love and light, my heart is fullllll of thanks!  Happy December 1st, loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. Perfect. It makes me want to start singing you Pi Phi songs in post or quoting verses. It brings tears to my eyes, most importantly it reminds me how precious our friendship is and how thankful I am to call you my friend. Pi Phi Love and most especially mine, Tara

    ReplyDelete