Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Incomprehensible Sorrow

I am so full of grief hearing about the events that transpired in Connecticut on Friday...Friday morning, I wrote a draft post that I entitled "The Magic of Christmas."  However, since the horrific events of Friday, I feel that it does not portray my current state of mind...really, no words are sufficient at this time to express anyone's sorrow and disbelief over this tragedy.  The past two mornings, I read the news unfolding from this horror, looking for answers.  But there are none.  And there never will be.  Although it did not affect me directly, I am really having trouble processing it all.  I think the whole world is.   It is truly incomprehensible.  I will post my "Magic of Christmas" entry another day.  But, I feel that I just had to say something about the Sandy Hook tragedy, since that is what has really been on my mind that last few days.  I am brought to tears every time I even begin to imagine what the families must be going through.  Especially during this time of year which should be so magical and joyful.  Why, why, why?  Just incomprehensible sadness and sorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking the same thing Jane, everytime I hear something or start to think about it I want to cry all over again. It's difficult to try to resume our normal lives and routines when something so horrific happens, I know it has been hard for me at work today when things like this happen and it makes me start to question my own beliefs about safety, especially how schools and hospitals are supposed to be safe places.

    ReplyDelete