Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Unfiltered

Okay, today sucks.  Harper got her first cold.  She has been sick for the last few days, and now I seem to have picked up her icky sicky.  The first day H wasn't feeling well, she slept much more than usual...however, today she is on the mend and is wild as ever.  And, with a lingering stuffy/runny nose and cough, she is unable to rest.  She was up at 5:30 this morning (after waking nearly every hour last night) and has only taken one 30 minute nap...uhhh....and since I'm at day #1 of the sickness, all I want to do is lay in bed and sleep.  Thanking my lucky stars that today is Sunday and Josh is home.  I haven't spent a Sunday in bed since before Harper was born!  It would be a lot nicer if I was feeling not so sickly...

Well, when it rains it pours.  Mega-teething, a cold, and blowing through developmental milestones...Harper's sleep has gotten worse than ever.  Worse than when she was first born.  Worse than her 'rolling over and getting stuck' phase.  I feel so alone--like I am the only mom in the world with a 7 month old that doesn't sleep through the night...or like there's something I need to do to fix it.  I know that's not true.  But it suuuure feels like it.

At least she's so cute...

Day 1 of sick--surprisingly sleepy!  And so adorable.

HeeHee, look at me!


4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, sweetheart. Don't be so hard on yourself regarding Harper's habits. Kids/babies are who they are and they do what they do. Parents who think they have some influence on their baby's personality/habits are only fooling themselves. Harper might be a wakeful baby but she is bound to be an outgoing, cheerful, friendly, smart, engaging little kid, full of fun, laughter and love. Take advantage of Josh's holidays off to get some extra rest. Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom :-) I know it's true. I like this Bob Marley quote "if she's amazing, she won't be easy; if she's easy, she won't be amazing." It's not about a baby, I'm sure! But it applies to my AMAZING Harper! xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh! I love that quote!! So true! Can't you just imagine Harper as a little kid? Running around, laughing, giggling, being a little wild and silly, asking the funnest questions, and making the cutest observations!? I see some really fun times ahead! :o)
      Mom

      Delete
  2. BIG HUGS. Gosh what else can you say, except for big hugs and I am so sorry. Saying prayers for healing, rest and extra love. Much much love to you!

    ReplyDelete