Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Awestruck.

She's here!!!  Harper Jane Herbert made her entrance into this world yesterday afternoon, May 18th, at 3:27 p.m.  She weighed a very healthy 7 lbs 1.6 oz and is 21.5 inches long.  We will write more of the incredible birth story later...but wanted to at least make the official announcement and post a couple of precious pictures that we have taken of Harper's first few hours!  What an incredible journey we've all started together.  Josh and I are both completely in love and humbled by our beautiful little creation.

Immediately after birth-phew!  So happy!

Hellloooo, World!

Proudest Daddy!

Yay!

Sweet Baby Yawns!
"There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment. Like every mother since the first mother, I was overcome and bereft, exalted and ravaged. I had crossed over from girlhood, I beheld myself as an infant in my mother's arms, and caught a glimpse of my own death. I wept without knowing whether I rejoiced or mourned. My mothers and their mothers were with me as I held my baby."

- Anita Diamant, from one of my favorite books, The Red Tent


3 comments:

  1. Awe and wonder, such a perfect description. Congratulations to Harper's most wonderous parents! Overwhelmed with happiness for your family! All Our Love! JTD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jane and Josh!! Harper is just perfect! I am looking forward to watching this precious little one grow up :) So soooo happy for you guys!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing quote Janey Bear! Tears stream down every time I read it:"-)!

    ReplyDelete