Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

What's Up Week 39!

Alright!  We've made it to the 39th week!  Wow!  With all my family history stuff, I truly did not think I would make it this far.  But, the more baking time the baby has, the better.  I have to keep reminding myself of this, as I am trying my verrry best to be patient.  I have had so many signs that labor is nearing-just don't know how near!  However, I have to believe what everyone keeps telling me which is-"trust me, you'll KNOW when you're in labor."  Okay, okay!  Last night was yet another evening where I was thinking "this could be it"...but it wasn't...sorry for those of you betting on a Mother's Day baby!!  We were too!  My contractions have frequently been consistent enough that it really makes me wonder...but truly, they have not been painful enough to be labor.  At least from what everyone in this history of mothers says!  I'm sure ALL those mamas are not lying-when I'm in labor, the pain will be so distinct, there will be NO question as to what's going on.

Luckily, this weekend was filled with lots of entertainment to keep Josh and I preoccupied.  Graduation parties, birthday parties, and Mother's Day kept us very busy.  Not to mention all the nesting that is going on at our house.  We were cleaning machines yesterday!

Today is Kyle Brunton's first birthday-Happy Birthday Kyle!!!  We love you!!!!!  I can not believe his birth was a year ago.  Time has just flown by.  Seeing how easy-going Tom and Rachel have been this past year raising their little boy definitely gave Josh and I the confidence to take the plunge into parenthood.  Rachel has defied the picture of the over-worked, stressed-out, and frazzled mom that I had in my head.  She has been the complete opposite.  Glowing, carefree, and happy!  Thanks, Rachel, for being such a good mommy example!  You've done perfectly in Kyle's first year-you're amazing!

Kyle and Tom!  Happy First Birthday!
Tara and Declan!  Another portrait of a glowing, carefree, and HAPPY mommy!  My friends epitomize what motherhood should be like.  Love you guys.  I can't wait to join you!

Josh and I also celebrated Mother's Day with our families yesterday with a delicious brunch at Slate Street Cafe.  Yum, yum, yum and wonderful company.  Of course, our moms are pretty kick-ass, too!!  They raised us to be the cool human beings that we are today.  I have to say, they both did an awesome job.  We love you.

Zoey, Jean, and Josh

Me, Mom, and Aunt Mary
Also, shout-out to all of our loved ones who are anxiously awaiting the good news of Harper's birth!  We promise we will keep you all updated with any action that happens!  Trust me when I say we are 'anxiously awaiting' with y'all!  We can't wait to welcome Harper into this world, and share her with all the people who have already shown her so much love!  xoxoxoxox

3 comments:

  1. You look so amazing! Can't wait to be out there in a few weeks to see your awesome Mommy skills in action. No doubt you'll be a "kick ass" Mom too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane thank you for the kind words! I read it while my students were working on an assignment and they were a little shocked when I had tears in my eyes haha. You are too sweet!! It is a crazy emotional day with Kyle already being 1! Time sure flies by and before we know it we will be celebrating Harper's 1 year birthday :)! You are going to be an incredible mom!! Can't wait to meet Harper! Tons of love coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there mommy you are doing so beautifully! So excited for you and Josh to continue on the parenting journey, really is the most incredible experience. Both of you are already wonderful parents and Harper is so blessed! Not just with you as parents, but look at those fabulous grandmas!

    ReplyDelete