Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hmph!

Okay, I am beginning to think that my body and baby are just not quite ready for labor.  It's been well over 24 hours and it seems that stripping the membranes did not instigate the process.  However, based on all the nasty side effects from the procedure, I am almost positive it did help me progress and dilate and efface even further.  Let's just say there was LOTS of cramping, contractions, and blood...it couldn't have been for nothin'!  I definitely feel different and have had tons of 'labor is near' signs, but I guess I am just not quite there yet!

Truthfully, I am going a little stir crazy.  I had planned to basically work right up until baby arrived, but I'm just too freakin' pregnant.  Last week was unofficially my last week of work.  I haven't gone in since last Thursday.  However, waiting around at home isn't the most relaxing either.  Thankfully, my mom has been in town to entertain me-thanks mom!!  She goes to yoga every morning and then comes over for lunch and we usually go on a walk and then just chill the rest of the afternoon, either at my house or down at my grandma's or running errands, etc.  A few days ago we even had an excursion to the zoo!  I know we are both anxious, but she is doing a great job of keeping me preoccupied.  Josh is doing great, too.  Last night I told him I just HAD to get out of the house.  However, with all the heartburn I've been having, going out to eat for dinner or desert was out of the question.  (My dinner staple the last few nights has pathetically been a bowl of oatmeal!)  Instead, we went on a loooong drive all over Albuquerque.  I don't know why, but I've always loved just getting in the car and driving.  So comforting to me.  We drove all the way across Tramway, down into Corrales, over to Rio Rancho, and did a big loop back to our house.  Windows down, summer breeze, good music, super relaxing. 

Well, apparently there is an urban myth about getting a pedicure and going into labor...I'm going to test this theory out for myself this morning!  Who doesn't like fresh painted toes anyway?  To be continued :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Janey! Enjoy your pedicure, you know there's apparently other tricks too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I know exactly what you're talking about and I have heard that too, Lisa!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Jane, I know exactly how you're feeling! I had my membranes stripped twice and did everything to induce labor (except drink castor oil)! Good luck and hang in there! She'll be here soon :)
    - Sam Wells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing just beautiful. Admiring your beauty and strength. Harper is so blessed to have you as her Momma.

    ReplyDelete