Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

...So it begins... :-)

Well, well well...how funny things can turn around in just a few short hours.  After my last post, things started to happen. 

I went to the restroom at some point in the morning, and it felt like liquid kept coming out after I was done peeing...hmm?  Thought that was a little strange.  But really didn't dwell on it much and just summed it up to the baby's head most likely pressing down on my poor bladder!  My mom got done with yoga and we decided to have some lunch at Flying Star and then continue on to pedicures.  I had just finished telling her the story about my 'leak' this morning as we were getting up to leave the restaurant.  She agreed with me that it was most likely just baby-on-bladder problems...UNTIL we stood up to leave and another GUSH of fluid came out of me.  Hmm...we were walking to the car and I was exclaiming "oh no-it's happening again!"  I sat down in the passenger seat, and more came out.  My mom is kinda shocked and telling me, "okay, Jane, I don't think this is pee!  Your water is breaking!"  Really?  I stood up, sat back down, and it happened again.  WOW-did NOT see THIS happening!  I called Abigail, and my mom called Josh to meet me at home.  Abigail tried her best to assure me that, no I was not losing my mind along with my bladder control-this definitely sounds like a fluid leak.  She instructed me to go home, and take a nap, because I would most likely go into labor sometime tonight.  Josh met me at home and I followed Abigail's instructions.  She checked in with us a couple more times through the evening and we made a game-plan.  She advised us to take a couple of walks, rest, and get to bed early.  Apparently the premature water-breaking isn't too uncommon, and most likely the body will gear into labor on its own within 24 hours.  In fact, I guess this very situation happened to Josh's mom, Jean, with her last child.  Her water began leaking around 7am and she, like me, just thought she had peed her pants!  She felt nothing for over 12 hours until her body immediately kicked into full-blown labor and she delivered Zoey about 2 hours later.  Abigail agreed that this was most likely exactly what will happen for us.  No contractions/pain until well into active labor-and then BOOM, baby's coming.  Well, if this isn't the case, she told us to meet her at Dar A Luz at 7am to try some of their natural induction techniques. 

Now we rest, meditate, and trust the body's natural instincts.  I was built to do this.  I trust that my body knows what to do from here. 

2 comments:

  1. You were made to do this. Sending love and prayers. You and Josh are already wonderful parents. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do great Jane! Thoughts and prayers are with you during this very exciting time!! Can't wait to meet you soon Harper!! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete