Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Great Day!

Sooo...after my last post, we finally did get a call from our midwife, and the ultrasound doc said that we needed another ultrasound to follow up on what appeared to be 'excess fluid in the baby's bowels.'  Of course, we were not delighted to hear yet ANOTHER possible scare, but Melanie did her best to assure me that it was most likely nothing.  However, I must say that "Dr. Google" is not my friend...after lots of googling 'excess fluid in bowels' I felt completely terrified.  Emergency surgeries, down syndrome, and cystic fibrosis were all coming up in the searches....YIKES!  But, I did my very best to just let go, think positive, and reassure myself that Harper is absolutely perfect and healthy.  It was a difficult task-but I did my best.  So, after three days of waiting, we finally had our follow up today.  PHEW-great news!  Everything looked fine!  AND Harper was not even measuring small!!  Apparently, oftentimes  babies can just position themselves kinda funky during the last trimester which makes them measure smaller.  According to the measurements today, Harper is definitely on target.  She was measuring right at 37 weeks 4 days, and will weigh somewhere between 6-8 pounds.  The ultrasound tech today was actually really fun and did lots to make us laugh and feel comfortable.  She said, "Look at those cheeks!  That is NOT a 5 pound baby!"  Yay!  When the doc came in to evaluate, he even said she had 'beautiful kidneys' (ha!), eyelashes, and a lil' hair! 

Now, after these last few anxieties put to rest, I feel like we can really just be excited now.  No more health scares, please!  Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner for Devon's wedding-fun!  Saturday is THE wedding, and I'm pretty confident that I will not have the baby between now and then :-)  Also, more good news, my mom is arriving in Albuquerque on Saturday to make sure she's here for Harper's entrance into the world.  She just couldn't wait any longer, and I don't blame her!  Last, I guess Sunday is supposed to be the biggest full moon of the year or something...so, lots of our friends are saying that Sunday COULD be the day to go!  I guess we'll see if that myth has any truth to it by the end of the weekend :-)  Cheers to good news, happy events, and bright futures-hoooray!

1 comment:

  1. Such great news!! Harper is a perfect little baby, and I am seriously soooooo excited to meet her!! You and Josh are going to be wonderful parents :)
    Looking forward to a super fun weekend!!
    Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete