Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our First Week

Harper-I can’t believe you are already one week old!!  Happy one week birthday as of yesterday!  What a week of learning this has been for all of us.  Just getting to know each other has been so special.  It has been a complete godsend for Josh and my mom to both be here, too.  They have been ah-mazing.  I truly don’t know how a single mom could ever survive these first few days.  It is no secret that newborns can be tough!  Especially since I am on bed rest-there are days that have been really hard.  The blood loss has made me even more tired than I would normally feel.  But, so far we’ve had only one real ‘night from hell.’  I think those ‘hell’ nights are necessary though-makes you really appreciate all the other nights!  And realize that you can DO lack of sleep-anything is better than the horrible sound of an inconsolable baby.  It is a heartbreaking feeling.  Once again, thank the heavens for my calm hubby.  Nothing rattles that guy! :-) Obviously it is worth every yawn and dark circle under our eyes though!  Really really really. 

Our little girl has already changed a lot during this first week.  Both looking and acting so different every day!  She is becoming much more alert, and loves to just look around, squirm around, and take in the world around her.  She’s pretty much mastered the art of nursing too-phew!!  It took us a few days to figure each other out and get into just the right position-but now we’re both pretty in sync and she just can’t get enough!!  I never thought I’d be so interested in pee, poop, and lactation...but with a newborn, these events are cause for lots of excitement!  It’s the best feeling to see/know that ‘all systems are go‘ each day.    

Also, shoutout to everyone who has been so supportive of us this last week.  We appreciate every call and text!  Like I said, I have been exhausted with the lack of sleep plus blood loss, so it has been difficult to respond and I hope you understand!  My phone has been permanently on silent since last Friday.  But when I do look at my phone, I love getting the supportive text messages and voicemails.  Thank you all soooo much, your love means the world to us!!  In return: some pics of our first week together :-)

Baby and Mommy

Harper's First Bath

Sweet Little One 

Meeting Great Grandma

Gramma B!

Baby Smiles!

Harper and Declan!

Auntie Rachel

Harper and Super Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates Janey! Love these pics!! Stay strong girlfriend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete