Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful: Day #11

It's November 11th.  Today, I am thankful for something kind of silly.  Every year, pretty much ever since we met in 1997, my best friend Alyce and I text/call each other on November 11th.  Why?  Because it is Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday!!!  How hilarious is that?!  When Alyce and I met in 1997 we were both infatuated with the "Romeo & Juliet" actor.  In fact, one of the first questions she asked me (seriously) was if I liked Leonardo DiCaprio.  Both of our rooms were plastered with pictures of the gorgeous movie star :-)  We knew every little piece of trivia about the guy.  Even the EXACT amount of years he was older than us (I mean down to the DAYS).  And it was a lot of years, months, and days, folks!  He was twenty something and we were 12!  Oh, the memories!  

It's so silly, but this date has always kept Alyce and I connected.  For those of you that know us, you know Alyce and I went through some dark times for a few years several years ago.  Even in those days where our contact was minimal and our friendship was dwindling, we still managed to reach out to each other on this 'ridiculous' day.  November 11th will always hold a special place in my heart.  As Alyce replied to my message today: Blessed be the tie that binds us!  I literally laughed out loud.  It is absurd and 100% true!  I love you, Alyce!!






5 comments:

  1. OH! If they were digitized!...the photos I could add...
    ;oD

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are hilarious! I still remember your Leo and Tom pillows from when I first met you two! LOVE YOU BOTH! Happy Birthday to Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these thankful posts!! Some of them make me laugh and some make me cry :) but they all keep me connected with you guys! I love you guys and this story! If I had the insight to do something awesome like this one of mine would definitely be that I am thankful that you joined our family! I love you Jane!

    ReplyDelete