Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful: Day #3

You know what's great about this 'thankful' exercise?  The past few days when I get ready to sit down and write my post, I think, "what should I be grateful for today?"  And there are usually so many things, it's hard to choose just one!  Life is really fruitful and I am grateful that I have so many things to be grateful for!  :-)

Well, today I am thankful for brunch with old friends-Megan and Lisa!  We're not OLD, but we've known each other for a long time, nearly nine and a half years!!!  It was so good to catch up with these gals.  They have both been a big part of my life, at one time or another, for basically the last decade.  We met at the beginning of college, way back in '03, when we all joined the "BSOC," Pi Phi!  Lisa and I became roommates my sophomore year and beyond. And Megan-well, there's pretty much not a single picture of mine without her in it from 2003-2007.  We've all gone our own separate ways since we graduated, but we still manage to stay in touch pretty frequently.  Since I don't have siblings, I truly believe having friends that have known you for so long is really important and incredibly special.  I take friendships seriously and they are not something I would ever throw away.  Friendships/Relationships do take 'work' and they are something I am always willing to work on.  Lisa and Meg, despite the fact that our lives are all moving in different, hectic directions, I am so grateful that we have managed to stay close through the years.  PPL.  TTF.  <3





1 comment:

  1. Love you both so much, it was so great to catch up! Its hard to believe it has been that long, since it really has flown by. Your friendship and love means the world to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life too! Pi Phi love you!

    ReplyDelete