Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful: Day #27

I came home from work today and my sweet husband surprised me by writing a blog post!  I never thought I'd see that!  He usually just likes to leave the blog writing to me-but decided to surprise me today-what a sweet guy.  :-)

So, I didn't get to post last night because I had a late choir rehearsal.  Getting ready for all the holiday performances.  Our main one is on December 14th and again on December 15th.  Friends and family, you all should definitely come watch!!  Great group of girls, and I am really happy to be apart of them.  I've already written my thanks for this-but really, I am so thankful!

Also, I got to see my lovely grandma yesterday.  I hadn't seen her in a while since we'd been out of town, so it was nice to catch up.  Most of you probably know, but I help 'take care of' my grandma each week.  Really I just check in on her, and we sit and chat about life and baby-raising.  She raised six kids, so she always has something to say about my current parenting ups and downs!  Most of her advice and stories are pretty funny.  Helen's childhood profanity (absolutely hysterical if you know my Aunt Helen today!), Mom nearly powdering Uncle David to death, Mary carrying a bottle with her until almost kindergarten, Joe throwing his (glass) bottle across the room when he was finished drinking...oh the stories!  I always enjoy hearing about her take on motherhood!  Since I did not grow up here in Albuquerque, I didn't get to spend a LOT of time with her as a kid.  I am so grateful for my time with her now.  We have a great bond from our weekly visits the last couple of years, and I love going to see her every Tuesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  She's a special soul.  I'm so glad she's my grandma.

At her 90th birthday in 2011
Great Grandma and Harper (4 days old)
Great Grandma and Harper (6 months old)

1 comment:

  1. :oD Love this post. Love Grandma Gabel, and Yep! SO many funny stories of Gabel kids being kids! I think that's one of the most important things she was good at - letting us just be ourselves.

    ReplyDelete