Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful: Day #7

Wednesdays are hard...they are the days that I go to work in the afternoon.  Pretty much every Monday, I start dreading workday Wednesday.  Tuesday comes, and the dread is even greater-I'm ready to quit my job.  Wednesday comes, and I suck it up and go.  And guess what?  Usually I feel great afterwards.

So, today I am thankful for my job.  Even though it's 'work' and it's not necessarily fun, I feel refreshed afterwards.  Getting out and doing something that is not mom or baby related feels pretty damn good!  Even if it is something as boring as going to work.  I feel like it's a piece of my old self shining through the cracks of my new mom-self.  Also, the extra dough (although it's not THAT much) that I make from working even just 8 hours a week makes a big difference to us these days.  That little extra security in the money department is so comforting.  When you have a baby, having a little extra is important.  I am SO thankful that my boss is both flexible and understanding.  He allows me to work from home (except Weds!), AND he allows me to work a ridiculously small amount of time.  Most employers wouldn't want to put up with this kind of 'barely there' employee.  But, thankfully, Filbert just gets it.  I am thankful for my very unique work arrangement, as hard as it is to psyche myself up about it at times.

And when I come home after being away for a mere four hours, I am SO excited and happy to see my little girl.  Who wouldn't want to see this adorable little chubby-cheeked, sparkling blue-eyed munchkin?!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment